There was a celebratory atmosphere at the Legal Week Innovation Awards as individuals and teams at law firms, legal departments and other legal services providers were recognised for their ability to drive change in their businesses.
Dentons, DLA Piper and the Royal Mail Group were among the winners at the third annual awards, which were held in London on 26 May at The Brewery in the City of London, and hosted by comedian Andrew Ryan.
Dentons took home the International Law Firm Innovation Award for its efforts to build the world’s largest free-to-use lawyer referral programme Nextlaw Global Referral Network, while DLA Piper secured the prize for Client Management Innovation with its WIN initiative, a training programme for in-house lawyers.
Meanwhile, the legal team at the Royal Mail Group saw off competition from Northern Trust, Tideway, the European Bank of Reconstruction and Development, The Board of the Pension Protection Fund and Vodafone, to walk away with the Legal Department Innovation Award.
The afternoon culminated with the award for Outstanding Legal Innovator, which was given to Raphael Mokades of diversity-focused recruitment agency Rare, which he set up more than a decade ago.
Click on the links below for more information about the winners.
Legal Innovation Awards winners in full
- Outstanding Innovator Award: Raphael Mokades, Rare
- Future of Legal Services Innovation Award: My Home Move
- International Law Firm Innovation Award: Dentons
- ABS Innovation Award: Ignition Law
- In-house Legal Department Innovation Award: Royal Mail Group
- Marketing Innovation Award: Morrison & Foerster
- Business Development Innovation Award: CCA ONTIER
- PR & Communications Innovation Award: Mishcon de Reya
- Client Management Innovation Award: DLA Piper
- Knowledge Management Innovation Award: Vodafone Global Enterprise
- CSR Innovation Award: Hogan Lovells
- Human Resource Innovation Award: Macfarlanes
- Diversity Innovation Award: Pinsent Masons
- Training Innovation Award: Berwin Leighton Paisner
- Supplier Innovation Award (Services): Decipher
- Supplier Innovation Award (Technology): Intapp