Simmons, Bakers and Bird & Bird turn up the heat on £12bn smart meter contract
Simmons & Simmons, Baker & McKenzie and Bird & Bird have landed roles on the UK Government's £12bn programme to install ‘smart' utility meters across Britain by the start of 2020. Simmons is advising Telefonica’s UK arm which has been granted a £1.5bn contract by the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) to provide smart meters for central and southern UK. Bakers client, communications company Arqiva, won a £625m contract for the north and Scotland.
Simmons & Simmons, Baker & McKenzie and Bird & Bird have landed roles on the UK Government’s £12bn programme to install ‘smart’ utility meters across Britain by the start of 2020.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651