Habib to adopt Bakers' career structure as merger date nears
UAE firm Habib Al Mulla is set to align its career framework and development systems with merger partner Baker & McKenzie's as the firms gear up for their combination this July. The Dubai-based firm will adopt Bakers' more stringent training and development programme, bringing in a more rigorous career path for its lawyers, who will follow Bakers' structure. This will include Bakers' partnership structure. The model will be introduced in stages after the tie-up goes live, with a six-month bedding-down period in which Habib's current ratings system will continue to run internally. Appraisals for all of the firm's lawyers – including partners – have already been tightened in the run-up to the union.
UAE firm Habib Al Mulla is set to align its career framework and development systems with merger partner Baker & McKenzie’s as the firms gear up for their combination this July.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651