Latham and Simpson Thacher lead on AOL's $315m Huffington Post buyout
Latham & Watkins and Simpson Thacher & Bartlett have taken lead roles on the $315m (£195m) sale of online news aggregator The Huffington Post to global media giant AOL, reports The Am Law Daily. AOL will pay $300m (£186m) in cash, while the remainder of the payment will come in the form of stock, according to a statement announcing the deal. The acquisition, which is expected to close early in the second quarter of 2011 at the latest, creates a new media group that the companies expect will draw 270 million unique global visitors each month.
Latham & Watkins and Simpson Thacher & Bartlett have taken lead roles on the $315m (£195m) sale of online news aggregator The Huffington Post to global media giant AOL, reports The Am Law Daily.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651