Orrick stalls Middle East and City merger deals amid tough markets
Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe has put plans for strategic deals in the Middle East and London "on ice" as the US firm aims to gain a clearer sense of the economic prospects for Europe and the wider region. As Legal Week reported in February, the US west coast firm has been in talks with SJ Berwin regarding a merger. However, it has since emerged that Orrick had also held merger talks with United Arab Emirates firm Afridi & Angell as part of its other strategic priority of bolstering its Middle East practice.
Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe has put plans for strategic deals in the Middle East and London “on ice” as the US firm aims to gain a clearer sense of the economic prospects for Europe and the wider region.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651