Wilson Sonsini cuts 113 and freezes associate pay
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati has axed 45 lawyers and 68 staff, while the firm has also frozen associate salaries for the year ahead, reports The Recorder. The total number of legal layoffs made by the 660-lawyer US firm equate to 6.5% of its lawyer headcount, while around 9% of the firm's staff, ranging from secretaries to paralegals, have also been let go. "It is economic downsizing," said firm spokeswoman Courtney Dorman. "Every business has been impacted by the downturn, and we are not exempt from that."
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651