Bank of America names new general counsel
Bank of America has named its new general counsel as it completes its purchase of Merrill Lynch. The bank's current president of global corporate and investment banking, Brian Moynihan, will become the new legal chief, replacing current general counsel Timothy Mayopoulos, who is to depart the bank.Moynihan, who is also a member of the bank's executive management team, joined Bank of America in 2004 after it acquired FleetBoston Financial - where he had served as deputy general counsel since 1993.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651