King & Spalding in talks with Thacher Proffitt
US firm King & Spalding is in talks to acquire most, but not all of Thacher Proffitt & Wood's lawyers, say two sources aware of the discussions, reports Legal Times. One New York legal consultant says the discussions have been ongoing for the past three to four months, and that the firms hope to reach an agreement by the end of the year. The consultant says King & Spalding is considering taking on around 100 of Thacher's 195 lawyers, but that it is not yet clear which practices and offices the 100 lawyers would come from. "There is a tremendous amount of uncertainty about who is going to be invited to the party," said the consultant.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651