Editor's Comment: Banking on who?
Well, it had a good run, but the multi-strand finance model developed by City law firms over the last 20 years is surely in need of a revision now the industry it serves is set for such seismic change. But judged by this week's analysis, there still seems to be some denial. Yes, there is much talk of flexibility and retraining. We can also expect some strategic rebranding. Leveraged finance partners will surely soon be restyling themselves as the more neutral-sounding acquisition finance. Or how about growth finance? But it is hard to escape the feeling this is a bit superficial.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651