Heller partners given Bakers info amid merger claims
Partners at Heller Ehrman have been provided with general information on Baker & McKenzie, further fuelling expectations that the two firms are gearing up for a substantial merger. Legal Pad, a blog from Legal Week's US sister title Cal Law, reported this week that partners from Heller were provided with materials on Bakers on Tuesday (8 July). The material apparently covered general background information on the larger firm and did not include any explicit reference to a merger.There have been mounting expectations that Heller is pursuing a merger bid with Bakers in recent weeks.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651