Ex-Bear Stearns GC resurfaces at lender WaMu
US lending giant Washington Mutual (WaMu) has hired the former general counsel (GC) of stricken investment bank Bear Stearns. It named Michael Solender as its executive vice president and chief legal officer earlier this month (4 June). Solender will take on responsibility for overseeing the company's legal, compliance and government relations functions, reporting to chief executive Kerry Killinger. He also becomes a member of the group's executive committee.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651