Latham PE chief in Cadwalader move
Cadwalader Wickersham & Taft has recruited the global head of private equity at Latham & Watkins. Ronald Hopkinson has represented major private equity clients including the Carlyle Group and Welsh Carson Anderson & Stowe on a number of high-profile deals. He was lead counsel to Carlyle and Welsh Carson on their $7bn (£3.6bn) acquisition of phone directory company QwestDex in 2002 - then one of the largest private equity deals ever. He again represented those two funds, along with Blackstone Group and Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co, in their $12bn (£6.2bn) acquisition of media company VNU in 2006.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651