Corporate Counsel: Tender mercies
As a consultant to law departments on more than a dozen competitive bids, I have found few that do efficient reviews of the responses they get to their formal requests for proposals (RFPs) for outside counsel. Many different techniques and methodologies are used in these reviews and not all of them are productive. Corporate law departments do not compare notes much, and law firms stay quiet about competitive bid processes, so it is difficult for either side to make the best possible use of this potentially very helpful tool. To remedy that gap (at least partially), here are seven innovative tips for conducting competitive bids.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651