Covington's Goold hunts shipwreck treasure
US firm Covington & Burling has bagged a lead role advising the Spanish Government on a claim arising from the discovery last month of a shipwreck carrying treasure thought to be worth $500m (£252m) - thought to be the largest discovery of its kind. The claim, filed against US marine explorers Odyssey Marine Exploration in the US Federal Admiralty Court last week (30 May), challenges the explorers' rights to recover or possess any Spanish property from the sunken ship, which dates from the 17th century.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651