Northwest and Northeast: End Of An Era
End of the road for insurance specialist James Chapman & Co sees local Manchester rivals share spoils of break-up; banking and finance specialist quits Watson Burton's Leeds start-up; and Freeth Cartwright tests the water in Manchester. Charlie Wright rounds up events in the northwest and northeast
Months of speculation came to an end in March this year when Manchester stalwart James Chapman & Co announced that it was effectively splitting in two, with two local rivals the main beneficiaries. A majority of the 40-partner insurance specialist found a new home in the expansive embrace of Halliwells, boosting combined turnover at the national firm to more than £75m – potentially putting Halliwells among the largest 30 firms in the UK.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651