The 2021 Am Law 100: Ranked by Profits Per Equity Partner
Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz holds onto the top spot in the PEP rankings, but is now joined by two other firms north of $6 million.
Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz remains at the top of the list with $7.5 million in profits per equity partner. Davis Polk & Wardwell shot up to second on the list, after ranking sixth last year, on the back of a 40.7% spike. Only Crowell & Moring, at 46.6%, posted a larger increase in profits in 2020.
For the Am Law 100 as a whole, average PEP was up by 13% in 2020, nearly tripling the 5% increase last year. Fifty-six firms had growth rates of at least 10%, compared with only 23 last year. Only six firms had year-over-year declines compared with 2019 results.
What data are you leveraging to sell strategy internally? Get the Am Law 100 data exclusively with Legal Compass.
Figures on this chart are rounded to the nearest $1,000. Profit margin is the ratio of net income to gross revenue, multiplied by 100. Firms that are tied are listed alphabetically. For more details, see our methodology.
This premium content is reserved for
Law.com International Subscribers.
BENEFITS OF A SUBSCRIPTION INCLUDE:
- Customized news by region including UK, Asia, Europe, Latin America, Middle East, Africa, and North America
- Cutting-edge research such as UK Top 100, China 45, and Asia 50
- Get the inside track on the biggest breaking stories that delve deep into the issues behind the headlines
- Comprehensive coverage of the dynamic legal market from people moves to the major international jurisdictions
- Global view into how legal tech, business of law, in-house and regulatory environments are intersecting worldwide
Already a subscriber? Sign In Now