'The SFO Is Dead': London's White Collar Partners Fear a Work Shortage
The UK's Serious Fraud Office dropped yet another major investigation last week - compounding fears that big white collar mandates are running out.
London’s white collar crime practices are on course to shrink as large fraud investigations become increasingly scarce, according to partners working in the sector.
Leading lawyers from across many of the most highly-regarded white collar practices in the U.K. privately admitted that they fear that the Serious Fraud Office’s (SFO) recent tendency to abandon cases, as well as its seeming reluctance to take up major new ones, could lead to law firms trimming their teams.
This premium content is reserved for
Law.com International Subscribers.
BENEFITS OF A SUBSCRIPTION INCLUDE:
- Customized news by region including UK, Asia, Europe, Latin America, Middle East, Africa, and North America
- Cutting-edge research such as UK Top 100, China 45, and Asia 50
- Get the inside track on the biggest breaking stories that delve deep into the issues behind the headlines
- Comprehensive coverage of the dynamic legal market from people moves to the major international jurisdictions
- Global view into how legal tech, business of law, in-house and regulatory environments are intersecting worldwide
Already a subscriber? Sign In Now