Why 2 Australian Indigenous Lawyers Practice Commercial Law
Indigenous lawyers in Australia typically go into practice areas that deal with the issues and problems highlighted by Black Lives Matter and similar protest movements. Bero and Mailman want to broaden their reach as a way to support Aboriginal communities.
Human rights and criminal law are often the first choice for Indigenous lawyers working to improve the lot of their people. But Bevan Mailman and Brian Bero have taken a different approach to the advancement of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians.
This premium content is reserved for
Law.com International Subscribers.
BENEFITS OF A SUBSCRIPTION INCLUDE:
- Customized news by region including UK, Asia, Europe, Latin America, Middle East, Africa, and North America
- Cutting-edge research such as UK Top 100, China 45, and Asia 50
- Get the inside track on the biggest breaking stories that delve deep into the issues behind the headlines
- Comprehensive coverage of the dynamic legal market from people moves to the major international jurisdictions
- Global view into how legal tech, business of law, in-house and regulatory environments are intersecting worldwide
Already a subscriber? Sign In Now