Siobhan Moriarty, General Counsel of Diageo
SIOBHAN MORIARTY IS GENERAL COUNSEL FOR DIAGEO PLC, A LONdon-based alcoholic beverages company. Moriarty received a law degree at University College,…
SIOBHAN MORIARTY IS GENERAL COUNSEL FOR DIAGEO PLC, A LONdon-based alcoholic beverages company. Moriarty received a law degree at University College, Dublin, attended law school at the Law Society of Ireland, and trained at a Dublin law firm. She worked at private law firms in Dublin and London, principally as a corporate lawyer with Clifford Chance for seven years. In 2013, she was appointed GC at Diageo. Diageo is a public company, and has its primary listing on the London Stock Exchange. Diageo’s products are sold in more than 180 countries. Brands include Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, J&B, Buchanan’s and Windsor whiskies; Smirnoff, Ciroc and Ketel One vodkas; Captain Morgan, Baileys, Don Julio, Tanqueray and Guinness. Beyond the more typical legal functions, Moriarty’s role as GC incorporates “leadership and management of the global legal function, the company secretariat and share schemes teams, corporate security and brand protection, as well as my role as a member of the executive committee of the company and an adviser to the board of directors,” she explained.
This premium content is reserved for
Law.com International Subscribers.
BENEFITS OF A SUBSCRIPTION INCLUDE:
- Customized news by region including UK, Asia, Europe, Latin America, Middle East, Africa, and North America
- Cutting-edge research such as UK Top 100, China 45, and Asia 50
- Get the inside track on the biggest breaking stories that delve deep into the issues behind the headlines
- Comprehensive coverage of the dynamic legal market from people moves to the major international jurisdictions
- Global view into how legal tech, business of law, in-house and regulatory environments are intersecting worldwide
Already a subscriber? Sign In Now