Thank you for sharing!

Your article was successfully shared with the contacts you provided.

Other Than Collision and Collision Claims

Summary: Part D of the personal auto policy (PAP) has two types of coverages that may be selected to cover physical damage to the insured’s auto. These are other than collision coverage (often called comprehensive because of prior policy language) and collision coverage; the insured may, of course, purchase either or both of these coverages. Conflicts between insurers and insureds may arise when only one of these coverages is purchased, with the dispute centering on whether the cause of loss that resulted in damage to the auto was one for which the insured had coverage. Or, the insured may have both types of coverage, but, say, with a higher collision deductible, leading the insured to seek other than collision coverage for a loss in order to maximize the insurance policy’s coverage.

This premium content is locked for
Insurance Coverage Law Center subscribers only.

Start a free trial to enjoy unlimited access to the single source of objective legal analysis, practical insights, and news for the insurance industry.

  • Access the most current expert analysis and daily developments across jurisdictions
  • Solve complex research issues with expert tools and intelligence
  • Tap into insurance coverage expert guidance

Already have an account?
For enterprise-wide or corporate access, please contact our Sales Department at 1-800-543-0874 or email [email protected].

ICLC Staff Writer


Copyright © 2021 ALM Media Properties, LLC. All Rights Reserved.