Thank you for sharing!

Your article was successfully shared with the contacts you provided.

Athletes and celebrities always get special treatment, right? Not when it comes to needing a visa to work in the U.S. Even outstanding athletes, athletic teams and entertainment companies, including circuses, must obtain a temporary, short-term visa. The visa is known as a P visa and is available to qualifying applicants who have a valid job offer from a U.S. employer. There are three relevant types of P visas: P-1, P-2 and P-3.

ALM Legal Publication Newsletters

Sign Up Today and Never Miss Another Story.

As part of your digital membership, you can sign up for an unlimited number of a wide range of complimentary newsletters. Visit your My Account page to make your selections. Get the timely legal news and critical analysis you cannot afford to miss. Tailored just for you. In your inbox. Every day.

Copyright © 2017 ALM Media Properties, LLC. All Rights Reserved.