A Fulton County jury said a company that manufactured a range cover installed in a recreational vehicle bore no responsibility for the injuries a toddler suffered when the top closed unexpectedly, knocking a pot of boiling food onto the child as she stood nearby.

The youngster, then 18 months old, suffered second-degree burns over much of her body and permanent scarring on her leg, according to plaintiffs attorney Matthew Wetherington of Werner Wetherington.

This content has been archived. It is available through our partners, LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law.

To view this content, please continue to their sites.

Not a Lexis Advance® Subscriber?
Subscribe Now

Not a Bloomberg Law Subscriber?
Subscribe Now

Why am I seeing this?

LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law are third party online distributors of the broad collection of current and archived versions of ALM's legal news publications. LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law customers are able to access and use ALM's content, including content from the National Law Journal, The American Lawyer, Legaltech News, The New York Law Journal, and Corporate Counsel, as well as other sources of legal information.

For questions call 1-877-256-2472 or contact us at [email protected]