Alex Acosta (J. Albert Diaz)
Alex Acosta, law dean at Florida International University in Miami, and Martha Barnett, a former American Bar Association president at Holland & Knight in Tallahassee, are among 10 semifinalists for the law dean’s post at the University of Florida.
David Huebner, former U.S. ambassador to New Zealand and Samoa, also is among the candidates set for interviews Jan. 31 and Feb. 1 in Gainesville to lead the Levin College of Law.
The search committee looking for a dean to lead Florida’s largest public law school narrowed its review from 24 finalists late Friday. After interviews, three finalists will be chosen.
The other semifinalists are as follows:
– David Brennen, law dean and professor, University of Kentucky,
– Samuel Donaldson, law professor, Georgia State University,
– Michael Gerhardt, director of the Center for Law and Government, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
– Andrew Pettit Morriss, law professor, University of Alabama,
– Gary Simson, law dean and Macon chair, Mercer University,
– Rodney A. Smolla, visiting law professor, Duke University and University of Georgia,
– Melanie D. Wilson, associate law dean for academic affairs and professor, University of Kansas.