1) Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison: The firm that oversaw the most entertainment matters was none other than Paul Weiss. The global law firm, which placed 20th in the 2017 Am Law 200 rankings, has eight offices around the world.
2) Wang Law Group: Behind Paul Weiss is a much smaller firm. The La Canada Flintridge, California-based firm, formerly known as J. Andrew Coombs, is holding its own against some of the entertainment industry titans. The practice focuses on IP matters.
3) Rothwell, Figg, Ernst & Manbeck: Another firm with a sharp focus on IP is Rothwell, Figg, Ernst & Manbeck, which comes in at No. 3 on the list. With 41 attorneys based in Washington D.C., the law firm handles its fair share of entertainment industry-driven legal work.
4) Wilson Robertson & Cornelius: Representing the entertainment industry from deep in the heart of Eastern Texas is Wilson Robertson & Cornelius. The firm with 14 attorneys in Tyler, Texas is a general civil practice and litigation firm.
5) Caldwell Leslie & Proctor: Boutique firm Caldwell Leslie & Proctor was acquired by Boies Schiller Flexner last April. At the time, it was announced the firm was poised to expand its entertainment and media practice, which apparently paid off.
6) Davis Wright Tremaine: Davis Wright, another industry leader, appears at No. 101 on the 2017 Am Law 200 ranking, and comes in at No. 6 when it comes to entertainment. The firm boasts more than 500 attorneys.
7) Littler Mendelson: Littler comes in as the firm with the seventh highest amount of work in the entertainment industry. It is the 25th largest law firm in the U.S. by number of attorneys (with nearly 1,000 on staff) and 65th by gross revenue, according to last year's Am Law 200 rankings.
8) Erise IP: Erise comes in at No. 8. The small firm says it has a singular focus: “meeting your intellectual property and technology needs.” With offices in Overland Park, Kansas and Denver, the firm has no shortage of entertaining work.
9) Loeb & Loeb: Loeb & Loebcomes in ninth for firms with the most legal work in the entertainment industry. The law firm has 292 attorneys and was ranked as the 147th largest firm in the U.S. on the 2017 Am Law 200.
10) McShea Law Firm: Rounding out the top ten is McShea Law Firmof Newtown, Pennsylvania, an eight attorney firm. The Philadelphia-area boutique is small but mighty, at least when it comes to representing those in entertainment.
Correction: This article has been updated to reflect the firm transition from J. Andrew Coombs to Wang Law Group.