Children often complain they’re allergic to school. But Cassandra Slauson, who attended Amity Regional Junior High School in Bethany, Conn., meant it literally. Soon after her first day of classes in September 2001, the formerly healthy girl began to experience severe respiratory infections, fevers and rashes. Her parents blamed it on the school’s mold problems.

Slauson and seven classmates, along with their parents, sued the regional school district and the contractors it hired to clean up the mold and fungus contamination, which pervaded the school’s music and tech-ed wings and spread throughout the now-demolished building.

This content has been archived. It is available through our partners, LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law.

To view this content, please continue to their sites.

Not a Lexis Subscriber?
Subscribe Now

Not a Bloomberg Law Subscriber?
Subscribe Now

Why am I seeing this?

LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law are third party online distributors of the broad collection of current and archived versions of ALM's legal news publications. LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law customers are able to access and use ALM's content, including content from the National Law Journal, The American Lawyer, Legaltech News, The New York Law Journal, and Corporate Counsel, as well as other sources of legal information.

For questions call 1-877-256-2472 or contact us at [email protected]