Regardless of the advertising jingle, it sure looks like somebody doesn’t like Sara Lee. According to figures from the Centers for Disease Control, approximately 100 people became ill, and 21 died,after eating meat from a Sara Lee subsidiary contaminated with the listeria bacterium.
At least four lawsuits have been filed on behalf of people who were sickened and families of otherswho died, and more are expected. And two state court cases, filed in Chicago and Detroit, could cover the rest if class action status is granted.
This content has been archived. It is available through our partners, LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law.
To view this content, please continue to their sites.
LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law are third party online distributors of the broad collection of current and archived versions of ALM's legal news publications. LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law customers are able to access and use ALM's content, including content from the National Law Journal, The American Lawyer, Legaltech News, The New York Law Journal, and Corporate Counsel, as well as other sources of legal information.
For questions call 1-877-256-2472 or contact us at [email protected]