Two South American beer and beverage companies have announced plans to merge their interests in Venezuela, the continent’s second-largest beer market.

Sao Paulo-based Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (“AmBev”) and Cerveceria Regional SA (“Regional”) announced a merger agreement Aug. 20. Terms of the agreement were undisclosed, but Regional is expected to take over 85 percent of the Venezuelan operations, with AmBev controlling the remaining 15 percent.

This content has been archived. It is available through our partners, LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law.

To view this content, please continue to their sites.

Not a Lexis Subscriber?
Subscribe Now

Not a Bloomberg Law Subscriber?
Subscribe Now

Why am I seeing this?

LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law are third party online distributors of the broad collection of current and archived versions of ALM's legal news publications. LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law customers are able to access and use ALM's content, including content from the National Law Journal, The American Lawyer, Legaltech News, The New York Law Journal, and Corporate Counsel, as well as other sources of legal information.

For questions call 1-877-256-2472 or contact us at [email protected]