The Judicial Conduct Board voted in 2006 to table an investigation into a detailed complaint filed against former Luzerne County Judge Michael T. Conahan after its chief counsel notified the board of the complaint’s existence, according to the current board chairman.

The 12-member board did so, however, without seeing the complaint or being advised as to the nature of its allegations, JCB Chairman John R. Cellucci said Wednesday. Instead, Cellucci said, the board’s chief counsel, Joseph A. Massa Jr., told board members that an anonymous letter containing allegations against Conahan had been received by the board and that “there was a criminal investigation going on.”

This content has been archived. It is available through our partners, LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law.

To view this content, please continue to their sites.

Not a Lexis Advance® Subscriber?
Subscribe Now

Not a Bloomberg Law Subscriber?
Subscribe Now

Why am I seeing this?

LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law are third party online distributors of the broad collection of current and archived versions of ALM's legal news publications. LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law customers are able to access and use ALM's content, including content from the National Law Journal, The American Lawyer, Legaltech News, The New York Law Journal, and Corporate Counsel, as well as other sources of legal information.

For questions call 1-877-256-2472 or contact us at [email protected]