President Joe Biden returned to his record-setting pace for judicial nominations this week. But the minority’s use of a procedural holdup pressed pause on that process on Thursday morning despite a promise of future bipartisanship.
Since last Thursday the Senate has confirmed two Circuit Court nominees, DeAndrea G. Benjamin to the Fourth and Cindy K. Chung to the Third, Biden’s 100th judicial confirmation. At the same time five nominees were confirmed to District Courts across the country:
- Gina R. Méndez-Miró for the District Court for the District of Puerto Rico
- Lindsay C. Jenkins to the Northern District of Illinois
- Matthew L. Garcia for the District of New Mexico
- Adrienne Nelson for the District of Oregon
- Ana C. Reyes for the District of Columbia
- And Thursday morning, Daniel Calabretta for the Eastern District of California.