Trends in Mobile App Infringement and Enforcement Measures to Take
Date: Tuesday, September 22, 2020
Time: 2:00 p.m. ET |11 a.m. PT
Earn: *This program is approved for 1.0 CLE Credit in NY, NJ, CA, and IL for ALL LIVE ATTENDEES who view this event for 50+ minutes.
Mobile apps have seen tremendous increases in usage by consumers in today’s climate. Bad actors know this and are increasingly targeting mobile channels.
As a result, legal professionals have a new front in defending their brands, their customers, and their intellectual property, resulting in a range of new challenges. Reputable mobile app stores work hard to provide a safe environment, but the volume of new apps uploaded each day, the wide range of third party stores, and the creativity of bad actors combine to present unique enforcement challenges to brand defenders.
In the first of a 3-part series, this webcast will showcase the risks brands face, the remediation avenues that are available to address these risks, and the factors to consider when creating an effective strategy. Attendees will also:
- Develop an understanding of how infringement in mobile apps and mobile app stores affects your overall business goals
- Gain visibility into best practices for enforcement in mobile apps and mobile app stores.
- Determine how best to design a framework for adding a mobile apps component to your overall brand protection strategy.
REGISTER NOW! (Not able to attend? STILL REGISTER you will receive an email with how to access the recording of the event)
|Fabricio Vayra | Partner | Perkins Coie
Fabricio (Fab) Vayra is a partner at Perkins Coie who concentrates his practice on intellectual property and internet policy issues. He counsels clients on establishing and protecting trademarks and copyrights and developing and implementing IP enforcement programs. His practice also has a unique focus on domain name matters, internet governance policy strategies, and related regulatory advocacy that is supported by his deep involvement in the policy debates and stakeholder negotiations in these areas. As in-house counsel for more than a decade, and later in private practice, Fab has managed expansive IP enforcement programs, IP purchase and licensing matters, and large corporate restructuring issues. industry trade associations.
|Frederick Felman | CMO | Appdetex
Frederick Felman brings 30 years of success in product and marketing roles at high-growth private and public companies to AppDetex. He has extensive experience in branding and leading global marketing strategies and is an active participant in internet policy development in the ICANN community. Fred served as the CMO of MarkMonitor before its acquisition by Thomson Reuters.
*Continuing Education Credits:
CLE credit is approved for this event.*
- 1.0 CLE Credit will be earned by ALL LIVE ATTENDEES who viewed this event for 50+ minutes.
- You must attend live.
- You must view the event for 50+ minutes.
- You cannot watch the program in a group if you wish to earn CLE credits.
- If you do choose to watch the event in a group, ensure that you are also logged in on your own personal device, under your log-in credentials, as we will need proof of your attendance. (Though it is highly recommended that you view the event from your own personal device).
- We have applied for CLE credit in the jurisdictions of NY, NJ, IL, and CA.
- If you are in NY or NJ, you will need to retain the CLE code which will be announced during the live webcast.
- If you are not in one of the listed jurisdictions, you may reach out to [email protected] after the live event for a certificate of attendance that you can submit to your CLE board.
CLE certificates will not be available until 5 business days after the live event (September 19th) at which time you will receive an email letting you know that your CLE certificate is available to be downloaded.