Protecting Sensitive Data: Remote Employees, Trade Secrets and Data Loss
Date: Wednesday, June 17, 2020
Time: 2:00 p.m. ET |11 a.m. PT
Earn: 1.0 CLE Credit in NY, NJ, CA, TX, PA and IL (see below for full details)*
There is no question that the last few months have disrupted the workplace in profound ways. While the implications and timeline of this disruption are only just beginning to be fully realized, it’s clear that the transition to remote work for the vast majority of corporate employees has made data potentially more vulnerable to compromise, leakage and theft. Additionally, the upheaval of the global economy means that workforce shifts or reductions are likely inevitable.
How can a corporation protect sensitive data in these circumstances? How do organizations detect and respond to data leakage and/or theft when it happens? And once data is compromised and litigation started, how do businesses put a value on what was lost?
Join this webcast, as forensic and trade secret theft experts discuss these issues and share techniques for developing a proactive and prepared stance to face them. Discussion topics will include:
- Techniques for protecting data that is no longer under strict corporate control due to remote work scenarios.
- Specific data theft and leakage issues that may arise due to force reductions and furloughs of remote employees.
- Detecting and investigating abnormal data practices, data compromise and even theft of trade secrets.
- Calculating the cost and impact of a data loss or theft once it has happened, including valuation and damages models.
REGISTER NOW! (Not able to attend? STILL REGISTER you will receive an email with how to access the recording of the event)
|Brent Bersin is a Senior Managing Director in the Forensic & Litigation Consulting practice of FTI Consulting. For 25 years, his practice has focused on providing financial and economic consulting, damages quantification, valuation, and expert witness services to clients in the context of intellectual property and commercial disputes. Based in Houston, Brent has significant intellectual property experience, which includes market assessments, valuation, licensing, and the calculation of reasonable royalty, lost profits, unjust enrichment and price erosion damages in matters involving unauthorized use of trade secrets, trademarks, trade dress, patents, and copyrights. READ MORE..|
|Jared Trent is a Senior Director at FTI Consulting and is based in Houston, TX. Mr. Trent has over a decade of experience in e-discovery and computer forensics, has testified as an expert witness as well as conducted direct and cross-examination of expert witnesses, and has extensive experience in the examination of computer systems and media. He has performed forensic collections and investigations in countries spanning North and South America, Africa, and Europe. READ MORE..|
|Tan Pham serves as Senior Counsel – Litigation for Total. He manages both upstream and downstream litigation and pre-litigation matters throughout the United States. Tan’s responsibilities range from internal investigations to agency proceedings to lawsuits and arbitrations. He advises Total’s numerous business units and affiliates in the United States regarding claims and issues including contractual breaches, environmental/regulatory matters, EPC disputes, intellectual property infringement, personal injury claims, chemical exposure claims, and other tort actions. READ MORE..|
*Continuing Education Credits:
1.0 CLE credit is pending approval.
- 1.0 Ethics Credit will be earned by ALL LIVE ATTENDEES who viewed this event for 50+ minutes.
- You must attend live.
- You must view the event for 50+ minutes.
- You cannot watch the program in a group if you wish to earn CLE credits.
- If you do choose to watch the event in a group, ensure that you are also logged in on your own personal device, under your log-in credentials, as we will need proof of your attendance. (Though it is highly recommended that you view the event from your own personal device).
- We have applied for CLE credit in the jurisdictions of NY, NJ, IL, TX, PA and CA.
- If you are in NY or NJ, you will need to retain the CLE code which will be announced during the live webcast.
- If you are not in one of the listed jurisdictions, you may reach out to email@example.com after the live event for a certificate of attendance that you can submit to your CLE board.
- CLE certificates will not be available until 5 business days after the live event at which time you will receive an email letting you know that your CLE certificate is available to be downloaded.