Our New Reality: Virtual ADR Is Here and Ready to Assist Attorneys in Resolving Disputes
Date: Thursday, April 30, 2020
Time: 2:00 p.m. ET |11 a.m. PT
Earn: 1.0 CLE Credit in NY, NJ, CA, and IL (see below for full details)
Now that we are all faced with the reality of social distancing, it is imperative that we use technology to continue working while adhering to the government regulations. Video conferencing and tele-conferencing is fully operational enabling mediators to continue providing seamless alternative dispute resolution (ADR) services.
Video conferencing enables attorneys to continue working remotely, serve the best interests of their clients, continue to move cases forward, and permits disputes to be resolved without waiting indefinitely for the courts to reopen.
Join this webcast to learn how to continue practicing law utilizing technology-enabled ADRs. You will also learn:
- How to continue with the resolution of matters in light of court closures;
- Work- arounds to resolving disputes via the use of technology;
- How the actual process of conducting arbitrations and mediations via technology works.
Can’t attend? Register here for an on-demand recording after the webcast.
REGISTER NOW! (Not able to attend? STILL REGISTER you will receive an email with how to access the recording of the event)
|HON. LARRY S. SCHACHNER (Ret.)
Justice of the Supreme Court, Bronx
Having served on the bench for nearly 20 years, Honorable Larry S. Schachner has developed an impeccable reputation for his judicial temperament, integrity and superior settlement skills.
His experience on the bench has given him a broad range of knowledge in numerous areas of the law related to Employment (including matters related to sexual harassment, discrimination, and hostile work environment claims, among others), Labor Law, Maritime Law / Jones Act, Medical Malpractice, Municipal Liability, Negligence, Premises Liability, Real Estate, Tort and Product Liability and Personal Injury.
Well regarded by practicing attorneys who appeared before him over the years, Judge Schachner has been described as: “One of the smartest judges in the Bronx and in New York City”, “Extremely intelligent, he knows the law, top shelf”, “Just a magnificent person”, “Very proactive about pushing for settlements in cases, and that is just one of his good features. It’s invaluable”, “You can go up and down the Bronx Bar and I would be shocked if anybody gave a less than stellar report, and that goes for both sides.”
*Continuing Education Credits:
CLE credit is approved for this event.
- 1.0 CLE Credit will be earned by ALL LIVE ATTENDEES who viewed this event for 50+ minutes.
- You must attend live.
- You must view the event for 50+ minutes.
- You cannot watch the program in a group if you wish to earn CLE credits.
- If you do choose to watch the event in a group, ensure that you are also logged in on your own personal device, under your log-in credentials, as we will need proof of your attendance. (Though it is highly recommended that you view the event from your own personal device).
- We have applied for CLE credit in the jurisdictions of NY, NJ, IL, and CA.
- If you are in NY or NJ, you will need to retain the CLE code which will be announced during the live webcast.
- If you are not in one of the listed jurisdictions, you may reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org after the live event for a certificate of attendance that you can submit to your CLE board.
- CLE certificates will not be available until 5 business days after the live event at which time you will receive an email letting you know that your CLE certificate is available to be downloaded.