Tips, Best Practices and Hot Button Issues of Commercial Mediation & Arbitration
Date: Tuesday, June 25, 2019
Time: 2:00 p.m. EDT |11 a.m. PDT
Earn: Pending Approval for 1.0 CLE Credit — see bottom of the page for details*
Alternative dispute resolution (ADR) methods, such as arbitration and mediation, are often explored to reduce the uncertainty and expenses of litigation, and can help reduce and resolve business disputes – just to name a few.
Join this webcast, and earn 1.0 CLE credit (General Skills)*, where NAM (National Arbitration and Mediation) neutrals, Hon. Peter B. Skelos (Ret.) and James J. Wrynn, Esq. will address the latest developments and hot button issues in commercial mediation and arbitration. Discover best practices designed to help reduce and resolve business disputes, and gain a better understanding of the roles for legal professionals on both sides of the process.
Save your spot for this webcast that will cover:
- Key developments and hot button issues in commercial mediation and arbitration.
- Best practices in reducing/resolving business disputes.
- Various dispute types.
- The role of inside/outside counsel in the dispute resolution process.
|Hon. Peter B. Skelos (Ret.) | Associate Justice, Appellate Division, 2nd Dept. | Hearing Officer | NAM (National Arbitration and Mediation)Judge Skelos’ illustrious career includes 11 years spent as an Associate Justice of the Appellate Division of the New York State Supreme Court, Second Judicial Department where he served until his retirement in 2015. Honorable Skelos’ ability to approach matters fairly and in an unbiased manner combined with his even temperament and incisive questioning make him extremely well-suited to the role of arbitrator and mediator. Further, as a former appellate judge, he has the ability to fairly and expertly identify and resolve disputed questions of law.
Read Judge Skelos’ full bio here.
|James J. Wrynn, Esq. | Former Superintendent of the New York State Insurance Department | Hearing Officer | NAM (National Arbitration and Mediation)
James Wrynn brings more than 30 years of professional experience as an attorney, regulator, executive and strategic advisor in the domestic and global insurance and regulatory sectors. He has garnered a reputation as a premier authority on domestic and global insurance regulation and related strategic and risk management matters. Prior to joining NAM, Mr. Wrynn served in a number of roles throughout his career, including as the 40th and last Superintendent of Insurance in the State of New York. He was also heavily involved in creation of the New York State Department of Financial Services and was its first Deputy Superintendent.
Read Mr. Wrynn’s full bio here.
*Continuing Education Credits:
- 1.0 CLE Credit will be earned by ALL LIVE ATTENDEES who viewed this event for 50+ minutes.
- You must attend live.
- You must view the event for 50+ minutes.
- You cannot watch the program in a group if you wish to earn CLE credits.
- If you do choose to watch the event in a group, ensure that you are also logged in on your own personal device, under your log-in credentials, as we will need proof of your attendance. (Though it is highly recommended that you view the even from your own personal device).
- We have applied for CLE credit in the jurisdictions of NY, NJ, IL, and CA.
- If you are in NY or NJ, you will need to retain the CLE code which will be announced during the live webcast.
- If you are not in one of the listed jurisdictions, you may reach out to [email protected] after the live event for a certificate of attendance that you can submit to your CLE board.
- CLE certificates will not be available until 5 business days after the live event (July 2nd) at which time you will receive an email letting you know that your CLE certificate is available to be downloaded.