A New Jersey woman says in a lawsuit that she suffered chemical burns from the rupture of a Tide Pods detergent capsule that she stashed in her bra to keep it away from her kids.
The brightly colored Tide Pods are said to resemble candy, and since their introduction in 2012, some children and adults have been hospitalized after ingesting them. Recently a bizarre internet meme has surfaced showing teenagers eating the laundry product in videos posted online.
This content has been archived. It is available through our partners, LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law.
To view this content, please continue to their sites.
Not a Lexis Subscriber?
Not a Bloomberg Law Subscriber?
LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law are third party online distributors of the broad collection of current and archived versions of ALM's legal news publications. LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law customers are able to access and use ALM's content, including content from the National Law Journal, The American Lawyer, Legaltech News, The New York Law Journal, and Corporate Counsel, as well as other sources of legal information.
For questions call 1-877-256-2472 or contact us at [email protected]