• John Kornfeld, formerly a partner at Aronson Mayefsky & Sloan, has joined with Robert Moses and Andrea Ziegelman to practice together as Moses Ziegelman & Kornfeld, concentrating on family law.
• Oved & Oved has elevated litigator Edward Wipper to partner.
• Thompson Hine has added Timothy McCarthy and Louis Solomon as partners in its business litigation practice. They join from Mishcon de Reya New York and Haynes and Boone, respectively.
• Paul Rodríguez has joined Mayor Bill de Blasio’s administration as deputy counsel to the mayor. His portfolio will include issues on criminal justice, economic development, labor and infrastructure. Rodríguez was an associate at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett.
• Michael Amoroso in Hauppauge has been named of counsel in the real estate, land use and zoning practice groups at Certilman Balin. Previously, he was an associate.
• Bond, Schoeneck & King has elected as members Syracuse-based Suzanne Messer, litigation; Garden City-based Jessica Moller, labor and employment litigation; Syracuse-based Kristen Smith, labor and employment; and Syracuse-based Grayson Walter, business, restructuring and bankruptcy.
• Kirkland & Ellis has added Norm Champ as a partner in its private funds group. Champ is the former director of the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Division of Investment Management.