ALM Properties, Inc.
Page printed from: The Legal Intelligencer
Select 'Print' in your browser menu to print this document.
The Public Interest Calendar of Events• On Thursdays (June 27, July 11, 18, 25 and August 1), the Philadelphia Bar Association's law school outreach committee of the public interest section is set to host the "Summer Brown Bag Lunch Series" from noon to 1:30 p.m. in the 11th floor conference center at the Philadelphia Bar Association, 1101 Market St.
2013-06-24 12:00:00 AM
• On Thursdays (June 27, July 11, 18, 25 and August 1), the Philadelphia Bar Association's law school outreach committee of the public interest section is set to host the "Summer Brown Bag Lunch Series" from noon to 1:30 p.m. in the 11th floor conference center at the Philadelphia Bar Association, 1101 Market St. These programs provide an opportunity for summer law student interns to meet public interest attorneys and learn about different types of public interest practice and fellowship opportunities in the Greater Philadelphia area. To download a schedule of the programs, visit http://goo.gl/qYT0E.
• Today, the Philadelphia Bar Foundation is scheduled to host its 25th annual Philadelphia Bar Foundation Golf and Tennis Classic at Green Valley Country Club in Lafayette Hill, Pa. For more information, call 215-238-6337.
• On Tuesday, Friends of Farmworkers is set to honor FOF General Counsel Arthur Read and outgoing board members Dan Sipe, Kathleen D. Wilkinson, Kenneth I. Trujillo and Louis S. Rulli for their service to the organization. The event is scheduled from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Tequilas, 1602 Locust St., Philadelphia. For more information, call 215-733-0878.
• On Wednesday, the SeniorLAW Center and the Philadelphia Bar Association's young lawyers division are set to co-host the inaugural Battle of the Young Lawyers bowling party and fundraiser from 6 to 9 p.m. at North Bowl, 909 N. 2nd St., Philadelphia. For more information, contact Larry Felzer at 215-701-3203 or email@example.com.
• On Thursday, the Juvenile Law Center is scheduled to host its third annual Quizzo Night from 5:30 to 8 p.m. at Fergie's Pub, 1214 Sansom St., Philadelphia. Register online at www.jlc.org.
• On Friday, Philadelphia VIP is set to present a CLE pro bono training seminar titled "Mortgage Foreclosure Defense for Low-Income Clients: Ethical Considerations" from 8:30 to 10 a.m. at Fox Rothschild, 2000 Market St., 20th floor, Philadelphia. Visit http://goo.gl/hO15P to register or call Susan at 215-523-9569. Space is limited.
• On July 19, the AIDS Law Project of Pennsylvania is set to present its 14th annual Summer Movie Party. Each summer, colleagues, friends and supporters of the AIDS Law Project enjoy a movie night courtesy of the Secret Cinema. This year's party starts at 6 p.m. at the William Way Center, 1315 Spruce St., Philadelphia. Admission is $20 in advance and $25 at the door. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit www.aidslawpa.org or call 215-587-9377.
• On July 25, the public interest section of the Philadelphia Bar Association is set to host the annual Public Interest Reception from 5 to 7 p.m. at Duane Morris, 30 S. 17th St., Philadelphia. The annual reception celebrates the accomplishments of law students working in public service and offers them an opportunity to connect with practicing attorneys. RSVP at http://publicinterestlaw.eventbrite.com by July 15. For more information, contact Liz Dunn at firstname.lastname@example.org. •