National and international companies have to understand their legal environment and the roles filled by individuals implementing the program, explains Lothar Determann of UC-Hastings.
Consumer attorneys are not waiting for Proposition 37 to challenge food manufacturers' labeling practices, say Morrison & Foerster attorneys.
No judicial certainty on whether being less than truthful on your social media profile can land you in hot water, says Jeffrey Rosenthal of Blank Rome.
Companies promoting products online should be cautious not to violate numerous consumer protection laws on advertising and promotions, explains Rochelle Alpert of Morgan Lewis.
The federal government weighs in on the data mining versus privacy debate, signaling new regulations to come, advise Stroz Friedberg attorneys.
California is taking active steps to protect consumers' private data from dissemination to third parties, explain Kabateck Brown Kellner attorneys.
Recent case law complicates the analysis of whether a putative class can file a claim in California federal courts, says Dennis Ellis of Paul Hastings.
Recent decisions have lowered the pleading hurdle for plaintiffs alleging they were misled by product labeling, say Orrick attorneys.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation
- Appellate Law
- Banking & Finance
- Civil Rights & Constitutional Law
- Consumer Protection
- Corporate & Business Law
- Corporate Governance and Compliance
- Criminal Law
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Environmental Law
- Family Law
- Health Law
- Insurance Law
- Intellectual Property
- International Law
- Internet and Technology Law
- Labor and Employment Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Real Estate
- White Collar Crime
Most Viewed Articles
- Prolific ADA Plaintiff Faces Nemesis in Harassment Suit
- Ninth Circuit Pooh-Poohs Coupons in HP Printer Case
- Pass Rate on February Bar Exam Was 41 Percent
- Judge Strikes Arbitration Agreement in Suit Against Ma Labs
- Alsup Awards $203 Million Against Wells Fargo, Again