Roku Inc., maker of a popular streaming software platform, announced Monday that it would bring a Hogan Lovells partner aboard as general counsel. Stephen Kay, managing partner of Hogan's...
Lawyers such as Ropes & Gray's James DeGraw say user data policies present a host of challenges.
Jessica Blumert always knew she wanted to work in-house at a corporate legal department. She just didn't expect to get there right out of law school. The 2013 graduate of Yeshiva Univer&...
The founders of Judicata hope to refresh the search experience, while others go after actionable data.
The inefficiency of joint-defense groups might be comical if it weren't so costly: 10 attorneys taking two meetings to split up a $100,000 invoice. Ballooning bills so irrationally high they...
When companies are seeking to establish appropriate corporate governance policies, they often look to model themselves after those titans of industry in the Standard & Poor's 100. But...
The full Law Department Benchmarking Survey is available for free from ALM Legal Intelligence. It's been a long, difficult few years for U.S.
Reggie Davis, who saw the company through its IPO, will be replaced by deputy GC Devang Shah.
PALO ALTO — Venture capitalists who fund startups are piping up on the patent assertion entity debate. A new report from UC-Hastings law professor Robin Feldman, based on surveys...
SAN FRANCISCO— Like many lawyers in her position, Alica Del Valle, global IP counsel at Salesforce.com, expects outside counsel to be in sync with her team. For starters, that means...
- Cyclist Sues Uber Over Collision
- Uber Hits a Pothole
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay Part of MoFo's $60 Million Bill
- Supreme Court Takes Up Patent Eligibility Case
- In Bias Case, Ninth Circuit Approves Fees That Dwarf Damages
- Governor Fills SF Bench Seat, 17 Others Around State
- Werdegar Flagged for Failure to Recuse
- State Judges Will See Pay Increase
- Chhabria Clears Senate Judiciary Committee With Some GOP Support
- Judges Warn Congress About Patent Bill Provisions
- Defendants in Anonymous Hacking Case Take Plea Deal
- Haag's Office Won't Participate in Settlement Conferences
- Fallen Attorneys Argue to Have Their Sentences Reduced
- Ninth Circuit Reinforces Rule Banning Judicial Involvement in Plea Deals
- Groups Demand Details on 'Hemisphere' Phone Tracking
Government & Policy
- Capital Accounts: Privacy Groups Ask PUC to Set Phone Rules
- IP Groups Express Unease Over Patent Reform Bill
- In 8-3 Ruling, Circuit OKs Public TV Ad Ban
- Capital Accounts: State IT Planners Hatch Another Turkey
- Supreme Court Will Review Contraceptive Coverage in Health Care Law
- O'Melveny Helps Kabam Ink Name on Cal Sports Field
- Gibson, Cooley, Get Call on Intuit's Buy of Docstoc
- Vedder Price Adds Bankruptcy Partner in SF
- Bleich Is Back in the Bay
- Latham, Dechert Close $177 Million OncoMed Deal