Appellate lawyer Ethan Schulman of Crowell & Moring was tapped to replace Judge Ellen Chaitin in San Francisco Superior Court.
SACRAMENTO — A nationwide study of financial disclosure practices for judges dinged California Supreme Court Justice Kathryn Werdegar for participating last year in a case involving Wells...
SACRAMENTO — California's judges and justices will soon receive their first pay raise in more than six years, a 1.4 percent bump that's retroactive to July 1. A second wave of...
SAN FRANCISCO — Vince Chhabria is just two votes away from a Northern District judgeship. The Senate Judiciary Committee voted 13-5 to forward the San Francisco deputy city attorney'...
Two federal judges have warned Congress that a section of the leading patent reform bill could have unintended consequences in the nation's courtrooms. Part of the Innovation Act, introduced...
SAN FRANCISCO — Munger Tolles & Olson partner Michelle Friedland brought a ringer to her Ninth Circuit confirmation hearing on Wednesday. Joining her before the Senate Judiciary...
SAN FRANCISCO — Gov. Jerry Brown has added two veteran superior court judges and a youthful public interest attorney into the mix for vacancies on the First District Court of Appeal....
Before attending law school, Michelle Friedland co-authored a scientific article about Feather Boa Kelp, then studied philosophy at Oxford College. Before his law school years, John Owens w
Sergio Garcia isn't going to be admitted to the California bar just yet, but the undocumented immigrant's dream of practicing took another step forward Wednesday. The California...
- Samsung Fights Sanctions Over Discovery Leak
- Cyclist Sues Uber Over Collision
- Uber Hits a Pothole
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay Part of MoFo's $60 Million Bill
- Supreme Court Takes Up Patent Eligibility Case
- Defendants in Anonymous Hacking Case Take Plea Deal
- Haag's Office Won't Participate in Settlement Conferences
- Fallen Attorneys Argue to Have Their Sentences Reduced
- Ninth Circuit Reinforces Rule Banning Judicial Involvement in Plea Deals
- Groups Demand Details on 'Hemisphere' Phone Tracking
Government & Policy
- Capital Accounts: Privacy Groups Ask PUC to Set Phone Rules
- IP Groups Express Unease Over Patent Reform Bill
- In 8-3 Ruling, Circuit OKs Public TV Ad Ban
- Capital Accounts: State IT Planners Hatch Another Turkey
- Supreme Court Will Review Contraceptive Coverage in Health Care Law
- Roku Taps Hogan Partner as New GC
- Privacy a Sticking Point for Dealmakers
- More Law Students Heading Straight for In-House Jobs
- Start-Ups Look for Piece of the Legal Research Market
- Companies Put Project Management Principles to Work in Legal
- O'Melveny Helps Kabam Ink Name on Cal Sports Field
- Gibson, Cooley, Get Call on Intuit's Buy of Docstoc
- Vedder Price Adds Bankruptcy Partner in SF
- Bleich Is Back in the Bay
- Latham, Dechert Close $177 Million OncoMed Deal